The process of Potato starch production
2016-11-25 by admin
Potato starch production process
and the production of fresh sweet potato starch process is basically the same, but the industrial production of potato starch than the simple production. Is the main raw material by washing, grinding, screening, separation of protein, cleaning, dehydration and drying process.
The main differences between general production methods and modern production methodsis the latter is the use of disc centrifuge or rotary separator instead of chute separation of impurities, to enable operations to be automated and continuous for greater mass production.
The small potato starch production:
1. Washing and grinding: The washing process of potatoes is carried out in the washing machine. Removal of impurities such as mud, stones, stems and leaves, and mud and sand adhering to the surface of potato. Water consumption is about 5 times of the raw material, after washing,potato will be sent to the mill processing.
2. Screening: After grinding the potatoes paste need screening. The traditional method is to use a flat shaker, the modern potato starch plant are using a centrifugal sieve. In the screening process needs to add water to wash.Screening for twice, recovery the starch.
3.Separating and cleaning: Starch plaste should separation of proteins and other impurities in the slot first. Then the starch will be cleaned in the cleaning slot, get the second starch.
4. Dehydration and drying: After cleaning , starch has high moisture content, must use centrifuge to dewatering. Get water for wet starch 45%, and the air flow drying to 20% moisture balance of dry starch.
Large potato starch production:
The manufacturing process of Gelgoog’ s Large Potato starch producton line is very similar to the small potato starch production, The main difference lies in the following points:
1. After grinding potato paste by centrifugal sieve, the product be sent into Centrifugal screening equipment, Under the action of centrifugal force, the starch discharge by screen.
2. Starch residue produced by small factory directly used as feed, and large plant starch residues mostly dry. In order to save the heat energy consumption, the press machine can be used for dewatering, and then the air flow dryer is used for drying.