Cassava starch comes from the cassava root. Tapioca starch is a thickening agent often used in pie fillings, puddings, soups and sauces. It helps bind the ingredient together so the final product isn't syrupy or watery. Tapioca also provides a sheen to the cooked food, which gives cherry pie filling or a chocolate pudding its glossy appearance. Unlike cornstarch, tapioca starch freezes well. This makes it the best choice for foods you plan to freeze for later.
Things You'll Need: Cassava starch, Fruit juice or liquid, Whisk.
Add 1 tsp. tapioca starch to every 1 cup fruit juice or other liquid in the food. Whisk the tapioca into the liquid until it's completely dissolved.
Heat the liquid over medium heat,. Stir occasionally so it doesn't stick to the pot.
Remove the pot from the heat as soon as it begins to boil. Boiling makes the tapioca gummy and stringy.
Let the sauce stand for two minutes, then stir thoroughly. Allow it to stand an additional two to three minutes, then stir a second time. The tapioca thickens as the mixture cools, and stirring prevents lumps.
Add the tapioca-thickened liquid to your recipe once it has cooled and thickened. Add any other ingredients, such as fruit slices, after the tapioca thickens.
Cassava starch produced by Cassava Starch Processing Plant
, the main process of this line:
1. Cleaning: Remove the impurities from the corn, the cleaning is normally done twice before wet processing.
2. Soaking: The proper soaking is essential for high yields and high starch quality. The cleaned corn is filled into large soaking tanks, is carried out in a continuous counter-current process.
3. Germs Separation: Good soaking ensures that the germ will be released intact from the kernel by a gentle milling operation with no free oil. The germs are washed repeatedly counter-currently on a three-stage screen to remove starch.
4. Fiber separation: Impact or attrition mills to release starch and gluten from the endosperm cell walls (fibres). pumped to the first stage of a fibre washing system, where starch and gluten is screened off.The overs, hull and larger fibres, are washed free from adhering starch and gluten
5. Protein Separation and starch mithelk refining
The crude starch milk contains starch and solubles protein. The disc separator and the hydro cyclone group will be used to separate the corn protein and refining the corn starch milk.
6. Dewatering and Drying
The refining corn starch milk will be dewatered before drying , after dewater , get the wet corn starch . Then use the air dryer machine to dry the wet starch to get the final product corn starch .