This textured pudding was inspired by ice cream and gets its concentrated dairy flavor from milk powder, which adds richness without fat.
Whisk milk, cream, milk powder, and salt in a medium saucepan; add tapioca and let sit 30 minutes to hydrate. Add sugar to tapioca mixture and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, until the consistency of a thick soup, 10-12 minutes. Whisk in egg yolk and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes (it will thicken slightly). Let cool, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
Divide among small glasses. Chill pudding until cold (it will thicken), at least 2 hours. Serve topped with nutmeg.
Do ahead: Pudding can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and keep chilled.
The cassava starch not can making many kinds of food, and have many functions, good for human body.The process of producing cassava starch is completely, the traditional making process is very complex, but today, it is esay to produce the starch, because of Starch Production Line
(1) Purifying:Before going to storage bin, pre-purifying is done to eliminate big and
small foreign substance which will be sent to germ cake collection section. There is
a device near storage bin, it has clean, de-stone, de-dust functions. Purified corn is sent to steeping section.
(2) Steeping:Counter current steeping principle is adopted to make corn become soft in steeping tank. Acid is heated and remains 50°C when circulating in all tanks. Dipped corn is pumped to crashing stage, sending to wet corn storage after dewatering.
(3) Sulfurous acid making:Sulfur is burned in furnace, getting SO2 gas, goes to absorption tower with china rings. Water is sprayed down, mixed with rising SO2 gas to get sulfurous acid.
(4) Crash and germ separation: Steeped corn is sent to 1st germ mill from wet corn storage bin. Crashed corn is pumped into 1st germ cyclone and screen, then goes to 2nd mill for further crush. Germ goes to 2nd germ cyclone then back to previous tank.
(5) Finely milling and fiber wash, dewater, drying:In pin mill, the degermed corn is multi--strongly crashed to remove fiber off. Fiber is sent to multi-stage washing screen for recovering the balance starch. Cleaned fiber goes to screw presser for dewatering then goes into bundle dryer for drying to mix with corn slurry for making animal feed product.
(6) Protein separation and starch washing:Starch milk goes to primary separator for gluten separation. Cleaned starch goes to 12 stages cyclones for final washing to remove the tiny foreign items.